Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

Over the years communication between companies and consumers has evolved. Unlike the past, there are new areas in which communication can occur. Before, communication between businesses and customers was strictly through the phone or mail. Customers were not allowed access inside companies and given a chance to review their products and services. Whereas now, customer service is more personal. Companies must live up to their mission statement and the standard they set. These days apps like yelp and google allow customers to interact with each other and communicate about similar services. These media platforms have created a space that has the potential to make or break a business. With the emergence of social media, it's become easier for problems to be solved. Customer concerns are amplified so much so that it causes businesses to react to issues sooner. This phenomena created a new atmosphere of accountability

Typically customers not only share about the product, but the experience they have with representatives of that company. This differs from the past because now the company and there employees must be held at a higher standard. Not only do customers share there complaints with the company, they also share them with the world. I normally only review if a business is way above or way below standard and I feel like people should know. There was a time when I was trying to be Yelp elite. For those who don't know Yelp is a database compiled of different businesses and activities. Users who write a lot of reviews become verified and have the potential to be yelp elite. This is where you are given the opportunity to try new places and have food perks.

If my business was on social media I think the best thing to do is to engage with my audience. Whether the comments are positive or negative, I think its best to address all concerns as well as praise. I personally like when businesses engage with me because it lets me know they actually care about me as a customer and not just my money. Thanking customers for their input and taking there opinions into consideration will not only help reassure them, but also allow my business to grow. The benefit of having interactive customer services is being able to address problems without conducting studies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers

Week 2 Part B - Business Research

Week 13 Part A: Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace