Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brittany-allen-robertson-50046978/

When building your brand, it is important to recognize the value of social media platforms. Establishing your social influence will allow you to connect to different people on different levels. Websites like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn are all great ways to network. However, one stands out above the rest. LinkedIn is an online resource designed to help business professionals make connections. Whether it is people in a field you are in or aspire to be, LinkedIn is a great tool for success. You can also make friends with people that are not in your field and build an online business community.

LinkedIn was created in 2003 as a way for business professionals to connect. One fun fact that most people did not know is that LinkedIn is one of the oldest social media platforms. It even predates Youtube. Not only is it a great place to promote yourself and your business, it also has other helpful uses. LinkedIn is also a place where people seek employment. LinkedIn is a great place where you can possibly find a mentor and/or internship.

I made a LinkedIn awhile ago when I was at Cal State San Marcos. I never really used it or saw the benefit because I was unaware of all it had to offer. I did not know it was a place where you can find jobs. I honestly thought it was like Facebook but for business friends. However since I didn't have any business friends I never thought it was applicable to me.

Now that I am older, I am starting to see the value in this online tool. I think that LinkedIn offers a whole community of people that can either help me or point me in the right direction. There are so many financial institutions. If I were able to network with them I think I could do well. Building relationships with banks and other lenders is crucial for my business. If I establish my plan and show them how I can get their clients debt to income ratio down, it would be a great working partnership.

The thing I love about LinkedIn is that is a one stop shop for success. I appreciate the fact that you can communicate with others through messaging. However, my favorite part about LinkedIn is "My Network". This tab allows you to see all your connections and also shows you knew ones you might like. Once I start seeking online connections I will be able to build a fruitful network. I am excited to play around and see what its about.


1. Izzy Brown

Comments

  1. Hi Brittany,
    I really enjoyed reading your post I think you explained everything perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany,
    Love this insight on the use of Linkedin. I believe that this is going to be a very useful tool for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Britanny, thank you for mentioning one of your favorite features on LinkedIn ("My Network"). I'm new to using it and had originally thought it was just social media for business friends. Your post gave me a different perspecitve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Week 2 Part B - Business Research